Sunday, May 4, 2014

Ah, be still, my heart!

Yesterday I was able to secure tickets to a performance of Mozart' s Requiem at the Royal Albert Hall. Also on the program is the ever popular Clarinet Concerto, and the lovely Eine Kleine Nachtmusik. I love this music! And the Hall is in some sort of "A" class in the matter of acoustics. It is one of the most beautiful performance places in the world. This will be my first time there. I can't wait! 

Our itinerary is rather loosely put together. Upon arriving in England we will travel to York and spend a few days there before taking the train South to London where we will stay the rest of the week. When I ask Eva about what is at the top of her "must see" list she mentions the grave yard where William Blake is buried. She loves Blake's poetry and art. I think theologian John Owen is also buried there. So on our first full day in London we will go in search of the graves of famous men. Sounds like a great start to our week in London!


No comments:

Post a Comment