Thursday, December 22, 2011

At home

Cammie & Chris brought Maggie home yesterday. It was late, about seven o'clock. She had to wait to see the pediatrician and that guy came late in the day. Jacqueline had been staying with Faith & Phil Cagle; their daughter, Sophia and Jacqueline are best-friends-forever. Nathan stayed over night with Parker at their farm where they grow flowers for market. He was the dirtiest I've ever seen him. It took two or three scrubbings to get the dirt off.

How did they respond to the new Baby Sister? Jacqueline is not so sure she likes her position of Baby Sister usurped by another little girl. Nathan, in typical little boy fashion complains that she does not do anything. Jacqueline has the nurturing gene and I think she will do fine as the Big Sister, the Helper.

I made us a big pot of vegetable soup, and to celebrate the Homecoming I made an apple pie with granny smith apples, tart/sweet, delicious. The McWilliams came by to deliver a book/Christmas gift Cammie ordered. We had tea & apple pie & a nice chat. It was a nice evening.

Yesterday morning David came over so we could shop for Christmas and just as we were getting ready to leave, a huge tractor trailer circled the cul-de-sac and stopped in front of my house. But I had not ordered anything that big! Well, indirectly, yes. It was the cabinets for the Gathering Room. They look really good, but I'm not sure I like the look of the space now. The cabinets do not go all the way against the opposing wall and there is an empty square of space in the corner between the window seat and the end of the cabinets. It looks like a mistake. It is a mistake. The window seat is longer than I expected and the beautiful framing of the windows takes up lots of space. Maybe the cabinets would not have fit anyway because they are deeper than I thought they would be. The cabinets are really huge! I'm going  to put a floor lamp in that empty square and perhaps it will look OK. Cammie & Chris should have all the storage space they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment