Friday, December 16, 2011

Insanity

Some time ago, maybe a month I talked with Jonathan Streets about the possibility of making some changes to the Gathering Room. I wanted to knock out an exterior wall and put in French Doors, then put in a big window with a reading bench just under it. I also wanted  to install cabinets for extra storage space for Cammie 'n Chris' stuff. When I talked with Jonathan about a week ago he told me that he had time to do the job now and "When would you like for me to start?" Do it NOW! A big mess with hammering, sawing and banging needs to come before the baby gets here! "I can do it in a week!" Two weeks to finish everything. Did I know the extent of what I was starting? No.
After the door was installed the stucco had to be repaired and painted. After everything is finished and installed I want to paint the room a nice soft green to blend with all the outside you can now see. The carpet has been needing to be replaced since we moved in here eleven years ago. Now is the time! I need to get a new cabinet to store the DVDs. The window seat will need a custom cushion and other loose cushions to make it comfy. The whole room will be refurbished and beautiful!
Within three or four days Maggie should arrive. Are we ready? No, but that changes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment