Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Paradox

She's so small! How can she have so much power? Maggie is big for a newborn baby, but very small compared with other human beings. She's very weak and must have care for her every need. She's strong with all the love she draws from all of us. She inspires a desire to nurture her.

Before she was born she was very active. "She's poking parts of my insides I did not know I had!" Cammie complained. Maggie was constantly turning and moving and I'm not sure how she did that since it was such a tight spot! Toward the end when she was bottoms up we could see her feet making a lump at the top of her mommy's belly. She's very strong already; on Tuesday she was lifting her head and turning  it from one side to the other. Amazing! I've not seen many babies who could do that!

Maggie has already had many visitors. Doug Huntley (my nephew) came up from Fort Myers and stayed during the birth and today Bob & Louise (my brother & his wife) came to see the new baby. Doug grew up with Chris and was a main encourager when Cammie & Chris started dating. My son, David was at the hospital most of the day taking pictures and admiring the baby. Many other people from church have been there, too. Maggie was born at 2:45 PM on Monday and the news got out in record time on Luciamail, at 3:30 PM!

Today Maggie will come home from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment